FEB 26 - A new face joins the cause.

So far, we have raised $4,111 for hunger-related causes.
Today's featured charity is The Hunger Project. DONATE NOW!!


Greetings! SimpleSizeMe readers. For those of you not following previously I am not Ryan. I instead am Nate Reed and I am joining Ryan in SimpleSizeMe for at least until Easter. I am currently two days into this fast and I miss coffee, but let me tell you why I am joining the cause.

In a nutshell Ryan’s SimpleSizeMe message strikes a chord in several ways.
Though not rich by American standards I don’t struggle to meet any of my own needs and you can probably tell from my photo that I have a tendency to eat beyond my need, so for me this is a glimpse at understanding how billions in the world are forced to exist. Since I have been blessed never to want for anything I feel compelled to better understand want; to better understand the temptation of Christ during this Lenten period; to give the money I would have spent on feeding myself to nourish hungry people, and to hopefully provide perspective on our immense blessings even as all of our news coverage seems to be decrying our utter ruin.

I will also be posting video updates about my background and things I learn through this process. So please come back.

“The Rules”
1. Nate will only eat one bowl of rice each day. He will only drink water, but he can drink as much water as he wants.

2. Nate will post video and text updates to the site about his thoughts and experience.

3. This will continue for 47 days until Easter Sunday.

4. Nate will donate his approximate, typical, 47 day food expense to one of charities supported by SimpleSizeMe. $10 per day will be held for a lump sum donation.

“Why?”
1. SimpleSizeMe has given me new perspective about my blessings.

2. I want to support Ryan’s ambitious goal – Read the SimpleSizeMe "ABOUT" page.

3. As the owner/operator of a business, the last six years have been pretty focused on my own wealth.

4. Though I give regularly to support organizations like www.ayudacc.org, and www.loveshipinc.org, I have been working to become one of the “rich” people with an ambition of generous philanthropy. Someday may never happen. And based on www.globalrichlist.com my approximately $40,000 in income and benefits puts me in the top 3.17% of the world’s richest people. That makes me feel I have a responsibility to do more now.

2 comments:

Ryan K. said...

Dude, you look like you're going to kill somebody! Thanks for posting this.

Timothy said...

go nate go!

Post a Comment