March 10 - I'm not a rock star but I play one on the internets

Big thanks to Preston Long who is working with Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, The Nightwatchmen) to provide supplemental video material for the Axis of Justice tour which begins in Seattle on 3/24 and features Slash, System of a Down’s Serj Tankian, Slipknot’s Corey Taylor, Steve Earle, Soundgarden’s Kim Thayil and Ben Shepherd, Mudhoney’s Mark Arm, The Coup’s Boots Riley, The MC5’s Wayne Kramer, Shooter Jennings and more. In other words, a bunch of big rock stars.

This video, or a more polished version of it will be featured in conjunction with the Axis of Justice tour which Morello describes:
The model of the Justice Tour is simple,” said Morello. “Feed the Poor. Fight the Power. Rock the Fuck Out. I’m very excited to be doing this and jamming with my good friends on the various stops on the tour. I’m equally excited that these artists will be rolling up their sleeves to help alleviate hunger and homelessness in these hard times.” Morello also noted, “It is very important to me to keep ticket prices super cheap so that everyone can enjoy these very special concerts."


p.s. - the idea that Kim Thayil of Soundgarden could theoretically be watching this video totally trips me out. I used to love watching him when I was like 15. Seriously. And Mudhoney? I'm no rock historian but as I think back to like 1992 a very clear mathematical formula emerges: No Mudhoney = No Nirvana, No Soundgarden - in essence, No Grunge. And who would want to live in THAT world? Not me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment